CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Temple Day - August 8th 2015

 Temple was closed most of July so our first opportunity for Kyle to go the temple was Saturday, August 8th.  Was another beautiful day.  Had to be there by 7:30 AM.  Cathy Roper rode with us.

We had invited close friends and long time ward members to join us for the 9 AM session, but didn't realize at the time we schedule his live endowment, that that was the last day of girls camp.  So a lot of my close friends were unable to attend.  Those in attendance were my parents, my sister Janese and my brother David.  From church it was Cathy Roper, Kelly Lee, Loren and Lindsey Arb, and the Dave, Marion and Layne Mohlman.  
 
After the session, we had to make a stop at Deseret Book to exchange Kyle's defective scriptures and saw Kathy Cheetham who I haven't seen in 27 years.  I used to babysit for her all the time when she was Kathy Julich.  She remarried shortly before I did so there wasn't the need any longer.  In fact, her husband did all the music at our wedding reception 27-years ago!  Talk about blast from the past.  And she looks exactly the same.  Something I learned that day from her was that my father-in-law Doug, was her first home teacher when she was reactivated oh so long ago.  She came out to the car to say hi to Ryan and he even recognized her from a distance.  He didn't remember about his father being her home teacher.  Was really cool to learn that.  Also learned that she knows Lynda Hjelm as well.  She said that the triplets are the same age as her daughter and joked with Lynda about Lynda taking one of her babies.  (Kathy really wanted twins and Lynda had triplets)   
 

 
 
Just a few days later, on Thursday, August 13, Ryan and I celebrated our 27-year anniversary.  Ryan couldn't get the day off from work, so Kyle and I returned to the temple and spent 6 hours there.  We dropped Ryan off at work, then arrived at the temple about 9:45 AM.  We started with inititories, then did the 10 AM session, had lunch and finished with sealings.  Kyle got to experience a little bit of everything.  I loved spending the day with him.  While eating lunch, I recognized a gentleman putting his lunch tray away.  It was Larry Hellyer, my Bishop from my teenage years.  We chatted with him and his wife Ellen who BTW, was my Beehive advisor, then years later ended up as my YW President.  It was so fun catching up with them and introducing them to Kyle.  Ellen told Kyle that I was so straight laced as a youth and that he should always take counsel from me!  lol  Another interesting fact:  Ellen did all the flowers for my wedding 27-years ago!  She was a florist and that was her gift to me.  I was able to purchase the flowers at her wholesale price and then she did all the assembly for my bouquet, the bridesmaid's bouquets, the fresh flowers on our cake and all the flowers at my tables.  So basically in less then 1-week, Kyle got to meet 2 families that not only were very involved in my youth years but also my wedding.  The Hellyer's also mentioned to Kyle that I was their favorite babysitter! 
 

0 comments: