CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Family Reunion 2008




So you've all seen the movie "Footloose" right? Back in the 80's.... Well that movie was filmed in Lehi, Utah where my mother was born and raised. After 25 years of not seeing my cousins or extended family, my mother took it upon herself to host a family reunion last weekend. It was amazing. My mom went over the top and did a fabulous job. My entire family made the trip from WA. There were over 200 in attendance. Friday's activities included bowling at Jack & Jill bowling Lanes in American Fork, UT. Needless to say, I had to use the bumpers and well as the metal roller that allowed the ball to stay in the lanes. I think my score was a whopping 62 points all together. It took us almost 3 hours to play one game since we were all too busy visiting. Later the evening, my cousin opened his office for us all to gather as we ate and enjoyed the music of a fabulous DJ that taught us all sorts of line dancing. He had no idea that Tessa could dance and when the swing music came on, she took over the dance floor. They DJ even danced with her. It was pretty cool.
The next morning was brutal. We had to check out of our hotel room about 5:30 AM so that we could be on the golf course at the base of the canyon by 6:15! I've never golfed before, but I played along for the fun of it and enjoyed it so much, that I think I'm going to take up lessons. I only lost 3 balls the whole day:) Immediately following the golf tournament, we all met at the Lehi Pool and park where we had all sorts of games and activities and fabulous food and fun. Seeing my cousins that I used to spend every summer with, just brought back hours of conversations and memories. It was so hard to leave that evening.

0 comments: