CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Annual Daycare Party



As many of you know, every year I host a daycare party for all my clients as a thank you for their business and loyalty. It's generally a huge undertaking, but I love to host parties and really enjoy watching the families get to know one another. This was my 9th year having one. The first party I held was back in 2000, right after we moved into our home. For the first couple of years everyone came to my place and we just BBQ'd and I would rent an astrojump for the children. Within a couple of years my business grew large enough that I was no longer able to accomodate the group in my back yard. Since then, I now reserve the church building and use all the facilities it has to offer. I'm always looking for new theme's so that I can change it up a bit, but since I invest in so many decorations, I do try to get a couple of years worth out of each theme. This year was a sock hop. I had 87 guests in attendance. I think it was the biggest turn out I've ever had. I always serve dinner and provide entertainment for everyone. This year my neighbor DJ'd for us and he did an awesome job! I also had a really good friend provide the photography so that I didn't have to do it myself. After it's all said and done, the planning starts for our next party!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Tod!! He's the best dj, Im glad you were able to reserve him :) I think he really is talented at getting the crowd going.
Bummer we can't invite ourselves every year but it sounds like it was awesome :)

Melinda said...

I love the decorations--too cute! And I have to say those are some fancy glasses you have on there! hehe

Shanda said...

Wow Shannon! You are crazy about parties! I love that you always theme everything. SO FUN! I'm sure from my reunion experience it was great!