CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Betty Crocker's Competition




Kenedee is my mini-baker in the family. She enjoys cooking, but loves to bake even more....wonder where she gets that from?
For her birthday a couple of weeks ago, I signed her up for a 4-week cake decorating course through Wilton. In order for her to take this class, I had to sign up as well, bonus for me!! The first week was just spent orientating us on the tools from our starter kit and explaining what we were going to accomplish during the month of June. Each week our assignment is to bring in a pre-frosted cake and we'll learn a new technique during class. We have plenty of class time to work on our creations. This is Kenedee's first cake. I think she's a natural and has already expressed interest in future classes. Hers definitely looks better then mine because she got to use MY cake turner while I opted to use a tray. I think I had better purchase another one so that mine turn out as nice as hers. Watch our progress over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but I think you're right- her cake does look a tad better..haha
What a great idea and Im so glad you have something that the two of you can do together- it will leave her with a lifetime of memories. Good on ya mommy!

Melinda said...

I love that! I took a cake decorating class a few years ago, it was a lot of fun! Thats great you guys can do that together!

Shanda said...

WOW! Nice work! I'm horrible at cake decorating...

Audrey said...

love the cakes! Isn't it fun! Make sure to take lots of pictures! I have a cake scrapbook and it's fun to look back and remember all the different ones I've made.