CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bountiful Baskets!


So my dear friend Torrie, told me about Bountiful Baskets a few weeks ago.  Am I crazy because I look forward to my produce pick-up every Saturday?  Or do I just have no life...

So here's how it works, there's a one time sign up fee for $3 and then after that you can place an order every week if you want to.  Bountiful Baskets is a food co-op.  They post what they will have available on Monday's at noon.  If you wish to order their standard basket, which is a surprise every week, it's only $15.  What's so awesome about this, is that you may end up with produce you wouldn't typically purchase which forces you to try new things.  So far there has only been 3 items that have shown up in my baskets that I have never purchased before.  Beets, artichokes and a large jicama.  
They will continue to take orders through Tuesday but if you wish to add any extras on to your order, you'll want to do that on Monday's before they run out.  Extras are first come first serve.  Last week I ordered 8 lbs of strawberries for $11.  They were beautiful. 


They also had available for sale, fresh tortilla's.  Only $10.50 for so many tortilla's, that I was giving them away.  White Corn and flour. 


Because I still have so much produce on hand, I gave my last order to my mother as part of her Mother's Day gift.  She loved it!  Since Ryan and I have gone vegetarian M-F, this has been awesome.  We plan to start juicing soon.  Hopefully that will get even more vegetables in our system.   

0 comments: