CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Kyle's Birthday Celebration

So Kyle celebrated his 11th birthday this past Friday on January 25th. Bro. Perry had learned about this sleep over and asked if he was invited to the party. Kyle told him the only way he could come is if he brought a box a Krispy Kreme Donuts. I told Kyle not to get his hopes up, and wouldn't you know, Bro. Perry called me at 5:55 PM on Friday night and asked if the party had started yet. I asked him if he was planning to stop by for pizza, but he said that he just wanted to bring Kyle some donuts. Wasn't that sweet? He remembered and totally made Kyle's birthday! What a nice thing for him to do. He has no idea the impact that made on Kyle. Not just for the donuts, but remembering his special day in general. Thank you Steve.
Kyle had invited 13 friends over to help him celebrate. What was I thinking? Everyone came over for pizza and such and we tried to play games, but the energy level was out of control! At one point I even told the kids that my 3-4 year old daycare children were better behaved! It was awful. I was thinking the energy level would have changed once the girls went home at 9:30, but actually I couldn't even tell they were gone. By 11:30 PM I couldn't stay awake any longer and went to bed. Those boys never went to sleep. I heard them all night long. By 7 AM the next morning, I heard loud noises in the daycare kitchen to find out that they were going to cook their own breakfast. I don't think so! Once breakfast was over there was still almost 3 hours before the party ended. Now in the past when we've had sleepover for the girls, I had to drag them out of bed to feed them before going home at 10:30. I thought that would have been the same with the boys. I was proven wrong. Just a suggestion for those thinking of having a sleepover for boys, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! Or.... take them all swimming for the entire evening before hand.
Sunday after church we drove to Puyallup to celebrate his birthday with family. My sister Suzy offered to let us use her home since they have a ton of things for the children to do there, verses going to my parents house. Kyle received mostly items relating to the Seahawks. He was pretty excited about that. He didn't want a traditional cake, he wanted Krispy Kreme donuts instead. Between what Bro. Perry gave him and what he had on Sunday, I think we're good on the whole donut thing for awhile. Oh ya, my sister Niki also gave him a Krispy Kreme gift card.

10 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! And thanks Shannon for forewarning me about the sleepover thing for boys. I will definitely keep that in mind as my boys get older. I'm just glad I can learn from your mistakes!!!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! It kills me every party we miss! Looks like it was lots of fun, can you believe when we got married Kyle was only five?! The picture with all the seahawks gear, makes him look a ton like Kenedee! :)

Kelli said...

Tell Kyle Happy Birthday for us! And I know what you mean about sleep overs for boys, only because my two are horrible at sleeping together, I can only imagine it gets worse when you add friends in the mix! You were very brave.

Paige said...

You are such a great mom Shannon!

And Kyle is such a great young man.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BROTHER PERRY!!! What a terrible night..maybe just a couple of friends next year?? I love Kyle too tho and I bet he'll never ever ever forget his crazy wonderful 11th Birthday party!

Torrie said...

what a lucky boy!
day care all day then 13 kids come over! what a great mom you are!
and i think a few friends and swimming sounds like a great idea for next year!
happy 11th!

Melinda said...

TAG you're it, go to my page and follow the instructions!

Joia Poort said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!! He's such a wonderful boy. I think he deserved a fun evening...but, to even things out mommy deserves a trip to the spa!!

kelly said...

yikes, 13?!
and i thought torrie was the crazy party planner!
what a great mom...

Lauren said...

What a party! I can't even imagine...I am glad that you got some sleep. The YW never let me sleep during the only sleepover we had...yikes!