CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Time To Get Some Rest!

So today is Ryan's 41st birthday. I can't believe it. And wouldn't you know it, he and I are both really sick. Ryan never ever ever goes to the doctor and yesterday he tried to go in to the office for a couple of hours and his work kicked him out and made him go to the doctor. They did a culture and we're just waiting to see if he has strep. Needless to say, he's home today feeling just awful. I on the other hand have bronchitis. My cough is so bad that when I start coughing I can't stop and then I start chocking. Kind of scary. I however am still working. I can't take time off even when I feel like this. That's the disadvantage to my business. Too many people depend on me everyday. Maybe my body is finally telling me it's time to slow down and take it easy.
Of course, I'm hosting Easter this year and have a ton of things to do before Sunday. No time to be sick!
Traditionally the birthday person gets to choose a restaruant of choice on his/her birthday, but I think tonight we're staying in. All birthday plans for the weekend are shot as well. It's always a bummer to be sick on a special day like this.

5 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I'm so sorry that you all are sick! I always say that moms don't get to be sick - and you are the mom of lots of kids! Hope you all get to celebrate Ryan's birthday next weekend. Tell him happy birthday for us! And we have to get together soon! That will be lots of fun.

Melain said...

Well that blows! Now I'm sad for you. Did you really host Easter with bronchitis?! Only you, Shannon. :) Take it easy and get better.

Carissa Poyfair said...

What a bummer that you are all sick! And on Ryan's birthday! And while planning Easter? Did that go okay? Tell Ryan happy birthday from us here in Cleveland too. You should totally celebrate next week if you are feeling better (hopefully!)

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! That sucks you're all sick, I hope you are all feeling better by now. I hope he gets to celebrate later when you are all feeling better. Hope you had a good Easter!

kelly said...

that is a bummer.
are you all feeling better this week?
i hope so...