CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 27, 2012

My Baking Creations 2012


So just a little reminder, I love to bake, in case you couldn't tell. You would think I'd be burnt out about now with all the baking I've done over the holiday's. Nope, bring it on! With all the the fundraising I did, I kinda built up a little cliental of people very interested in my baked goods. Oh, there are some things I can't do or at least need more practice at. For one, I haven't mastered candy making. Mainly because with making candy you can't multi-task. You have to sit there and stir till your arm falls off with a thermometer attached to your pan and if you leave it for 1 second, you can ruin your candy. That's not for me! I have to be able to multi-task in everything I do.
My first picture here is my famous Blackberry Pie. This is Kyle's favorite. I've already had a returning customer now whom I've baked a blackberry pie for twice already. Once for their Christmas Eve dinner and again for her son's birthday in January. 


Next is my mother load carrot cake. Full of carrots, pineapple, coconut and raisins. I don't put nuts in my cakes. Not a fan of them in my baked goods. I do garnish the homemade cream cheese frosting with a handful of chopped walnuts for looks, but do hold off if requested. My carrot cake was sold at our PTSA boosters auction in February and went for $240!
Next is my Banana Cream Pie made with a cooked custard. Oh so delicious. Needs several hours to chill in the fridge so I need lots of notice for that one. Also a booster auction item. Not certain what it went for.


Oh the eye catching "Fresh Fruit Torte" made with a vanilla custard and a citrus glaze. So pretty and yet a very light dessert since it's all fruit. Have made several of these recently. Great summer dessert!



Chocolate-Raspberry Cake with my "Own Fudge Created Frosting". On of my daycare mom's ordered a chocolate cake from me just last week. After playing the 20-questions game on how she wanted me to customize this cake, we ended up with this. Dark Chocolate with a raspberry filling lathered with fudge frosting, fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings. By the time I was done playing with the frosting, I had filled my entire Bosch mixer with frosting eating it as fast as I was making it. Decided to send out an email to friends letting them know if they were interested in chocolate-raspberry cupcakes could have them ready in a few hours. So because of the frosting, I ended up selling about 6 dozen cupcakes as well. Some mini size some regular. They were a huge hit. 



The famous assorted cookie platter.  Holds 6-dozen 3-inch cookies.  Great for parties and way better tasting then those from the grocery store.  Usually my assortments consists of White-Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Oatmeal M&M, Double Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodles and my secret ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I've sold several of these trays recently.  I need at least 3-4 days notice with this one as it takes time to bake up 6 different types of cookies. 


As I continue to get special orders, my portfolio will increase.  Some of the other items I've done were posted on my past blogs.   This last one was my Valentine fundraiser.  I did red velvet cupcakes, frosted sugar cookies, sugar cookie kits and personalized sugar cookies.  Very successful 2 days worth of baking!

2 comments:

Torrie said...

I wish I was half the woman you are!
Can't wait till dinner group and I get to try the cream pie! Looks so yummy!

Shannon said...

lol. How did you know I was blogging again? Who knew that going to the PW book signing would get me blogging again!

Thanks so much Torrie for the invite even if all I get out it is inspiration to blog again;)