CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

September 2008 - Canning Season Begins!



This is just the beginning of a full month of canning. I had offered to teach family and friends how to home preserves. This is one of my all-time favorite things to do. I love canning season. Peaches, pears, applesauce, apple-pie filling, tomatoes, jam's, jellies, syrups... I do it all. I usually reserve the church kitchen and invite several friends and family to join me and that's where the party begins. I've been canning my entire life. Something my parents used to do every year on my birthday weekend. Never failed. As a young child, that's how I knew it was time for school to start. It's a lost art. Not many people do it anymore. Not necessarily cost effective for some (for me it is) but the fruit is delicious and loved by everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be more like you..you're amazing.

Shanda said...

LOVED to hear all of your updates! You guys are always so fun! And CANNING?! I have always wanted to learn, people have quickly "told" me how, but I wish I had an expert near by like you. Maybe some day I can fly up and join in the fun! Hope you guys are fabulous!!!