CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Coming Soon to Daycare Near You!



For quite some time I have had my eye on this particular play structure at Sam's Club. I knew I would have to budget for it and convince Ryan that we needed it. Our other system was purchased from the Little Nickel Want Ad's 12 years ago. It's served it's purpose and been well loved, but it's time to upgrade. With as many children that we have here in my daycare, we need something that offers more variety.
I felt the price was very reasonable. Since I've been saving my 2% rewards check from Sam's Club just for this purpose, it will be even less money out of pocket:)
Ryan gave me the okay a couple of months back and said this could be the year for the new system. If I didn't have a new kitchen last year, then it would have happened last summer instead. (Trust me, I'm not complaining. I LOVE MY NEW KITCHEN)!
Our first step to the process of this new playground was to have the tree service come out and take out a massive tree in my back yard. That happened yesterday.
I can't believe how entertained the children were. It was great. Probably the easiest day we've ever had with 10 children. All lined up in a row staring out the window. It was the cutest thing. Now the tree is gone and the backyard looks so much larger. I'm hoping with a little bit of sun exposure, that maybe we can get the grass to grow now. It should also be more comfortable for outdoor playtime in the mornings.
The stucture gets assembled on June 28th. I know its still a ways away, but for those who know me well, I'm a planner. I'm trying to recruit daycare dad's and friends to help with the assembly. I plan to BBQ ribs and put on a feast for anyone willing to help us out that day. (Anyone interested?) Hopefully with enough help, we can have it up that Saturday and then Ryan and I will make many trips to get new woodchips on Sunday. I know it's Sunday, but we have to have them in place before the children can play on the structure. I just don't think there's enough time or daylight in one day to do everything all at once. It will be a busy weekend, needless to say.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

(Children sold seperately)!

Platteborze Possy said...

FYI: at Sams club they also have these rubber wood chips made especially for playground use: I love them!!! It looks good back there. We are moving our play area to the other side of the yard, and it is a lot of work...Go Shannon!

Anonymous said...

I wanna come and help!! It will only make me jealous for a play-thing in our back yard too but I'd love to see what kind of work it takes to put it up. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!