CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2007 Holiday Cookie Exchange




Last night was my annual Holiday Cookie exchange. For 13 years now, I have hosted an evening with girlfriends as we celebrate in the the joyous occassion of holiday baking. Some of us have been together all 13 years, while others have joined in along the way. This has become a tradition that I started and plan to continue for many years. The challenge is to find the perfect holiday cookie and not repeat from years past. Believe me, it's getting difficult! By the end of the evening each person will get to take home 11-12 dozen different plates of cookies with the recipe and hopefully not have to bake for the remainder of the season! We spend the evening sharing cookie stories, enjoying each others company and endulging in the famous Cranberry Christmas pudding and Wassil that I only make for this special night. Thank you ladies for a fabulous evening. And the hunt begins for next years cookie!

8 comments:

kelly said...

yummy!
hurray, your quilt is up!

Torrie said...

looks like fun! you need a night of fun!

Unknown said...

I'd like to thank Shannon, hostess extraordinaire! The Cranberry Pudding is amazing (I don't think she gives out the recipe!), the Wassil is fragrant and spicy, and her cookies this year melted in my mouth! I'm so lucky to have her family in my life. My children are even more fortunate to be in her care. We all love her so much!

Melain said...

Hey! Our pictures turned out GREAT! Should I wonder why the "sulry" shot didn't make your blog? ;)

Anonymous said...

Now that is a good looking group! Glad you guys had a great time this year! Holiday cookies are the best!

Kelli said...

Shannon, that is such a great idea! I'm totally copying you next Christmas with this cookie exchange. I will have to get more details from you about it (and maybe some great recipes?) if we see you this winter!

mindy said...

I am so sorry I missed it. You all look like you are having such a fun time. I am really bummed about missing out on the cranberry pudding. Yum!

Anonymous said...

cranberry pudding? that sounds disgusting. haha
I definitely have plans for the exchange myself, as well as doing a Christmas Jar thing- my sister got one this year and it made such a phenomenal difference in their little struggling student lives. The jar had $180 in it, which is a lot and very generous, but here's the thing- that $180 paid for their entire Christmas and two tanks of gas. Made me think about how much I spent...
So anyway, cute pics! I only recognized Lauren and Paige- I can see it was a lot of fun tho and seriously, I want to do this. I never do cookies because I can't do the mass amounts of baking for all the people I want to do it for. A very smart idea,indeed